Finish Line 70.3

Finish Line 70.3
Finish Line 70.3

70.3 Finisher!

70.3 Finisher!
70.3 Finisher

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Websites n blogs

When I want to waste time (nb to my fellow partners: never during work! Never!) there are several fun websites and blogs to go to and read up on interesting articles about triathlon, running, exercise, motivation, etc. So it's not really a waste of time, per se, as I am always learning something. Today I printed off an article about strength cross training for running that I will put to good use at the gym on rainy days.

There's as many websites and blogs about working out and training as there are paper cups at a marathon water station and I don't know of all of the groovy ones. But here are some good ones to start with:

www.ironmakeover.blogspot.com

Sarah is such a great writer and a fantastic source of inspiration to all athletes of all abilities. You'll really like her post on her see through swimming attire at one of her first races. Great sense of humor and always good stuff to read. Check it out.

www.active.com

I love the daily articles on the home page about different things (this is where I printed off the running strength training article). I also love the community chat room; I go to both Triathlon and Running communities; there are always fascinating discussions and helpful hints. Good place also to look up future races, results and reviews of events you are thinking of entering. Triathlon has a subcategory for newbies that is full of those both brand new to the sport, and those who have advice for those brand new to the sport. No question is deemed too silly!

www.beginnertriathlete.com

Excellent site for all levels of triathletes. Has some great training programs and chat rooms; good articles as well. Geared primiarly to triathletes.

www.slowtwitch.com

I love the articles. The chat forum to me is not as instructive as in active or beginner triathlete--it's more personal and funny--but the articles are really interesting.

www.trainingpeaks.com

Here's a great place to upload your daily workouts and results! In addition, if you have the time and patience (which I definitely do NOT), you can upload your daily food intake and calories to see how much deficit--or not--you run each day (I tried hard to do that and after spending 30 minutes looking up all the calories I ate JUST FOR LUNCH--had to look up the bread, the mustard, the meat, the fruit, the tomato, the pickle, etc.---no, there was not enough time to waste in the universe to do all that!). It's got a great calculator for run, bike and swim mileage and average times for your workouts. Lots of other good stuff I haven't had time to figure out yet.

A lot of other great sites abound, but I only have so much time to zip through the 'net, so these are my favorites. Would love to hear about more.

Happy surfing....

No comments:

Post a Comment